Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sinusitis

Over 25 years ago I developed sinusitis. I originally thought I had a summer cold but I ended up having seasonal allergies which made my nose run like a faucet or be plugged up like Hoover Dam.
Anyone who has sinusitis knows just how debilitating it can be.

Back then I made the mistake of overusing the nasal spray called Dristan. What happened was as soon as my nose was getting clogged I sprayed Dristan. Well overuse of this type of nasal spray causes the mucus membranes to weep more mucus and the cycle continues, even gets worse. I want to be fair to Dristan nasal spray. Using it according to directions it works fine, just don't use it longer or more often than directions indicate.

Well in the summer of 2006 I had a real bad bout of allergy attacks. Pollen was everywhere. My nose ran like a faucet and my eyes swelled and teared so that I couldn't drive. I went to my doctor and begged for some prescription relief. Instead of strong antihistamine tablets I was prescribed PATANOL eye drops and NASONEX nose spray. What a God send these two were. My allergies and sinusitis came under control in less than two weeks and with no side effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment